Cannabiz Media is partnering with the National Cannabis Industry Association on the 5th Annual Cannabis Business Summit & Expo, which will be held on July 25-27, 2018 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California. Use the special Cannabiz Media discount code, CANNABIZ15, when you register to save 15% off the registration fee!
This year’s Cannabis Business Summit & Expo will bring together more than 7,500 cannabis professionals for a two-day educational event that will include five educational tracks, more than 400 innovative exhibitors, more than 150 industry speakers, tours, workshops, and more.
Cannabiz Media will be exhibiting at the expo, and we hope to see you there! Stop by to meet the team and see a demo of the latest features of the Cannabiz Media License Database, including full-featured email marketing capabilities.
What You’ll Learn This Year
This year’s Cannabis Business Summit & Expo will cover a wide variety of timely and relevant topics, such as money, the law, cultivation, processing, policy, reform, running a cannabis business, and emerging topics in the cannabis industry. Some of the sessions you could attend include:
- Expensive Investment Mistakes to Avoid: Featuring Troy Dayton, CEO of Arcview, and John Downs, Director of Business Development for Arcview
- Recruiting and Retaining the Best Talent for the Cannabis Industry: Led by Karen Humiston, Founder and CEO of Vangst Talent
- Best Practices for Developing Successful Sales and Marketing Strategies: With Jessica Lukas, Client Engagement for BDS Analytics, Inc., and Taylor West, Senior Communications Director for COHNNABIS
- What to Expect Next for Cannabis Technology: With Roger Obando, Co-Founder and CTO of Baker Technologies, Colby McKenzie, Co-Founder of Eyechronic, and Nico Roberts, Co-Founder of Rootery
- Banking on Your Business – A Guide to Understanding Financial Institutions: Featuring Alan Hanson, Attorney at Emerge Law Group, Carmella Murphy Houston, Vice President of Business Services for Salal Credit Union, and Dana Chaves, Sr. Director of Business Development for Ms. Mary Staffing/Hybrid Payroll
- How to Obtain Insurance Coverage for Your Liabilities: With David Elkind, Partner at Lowenstein Sandler LLP, and Patrick McManamon, Founder and Managing Director at Cannasure Insurance Services, LLC
- Food Science for the Infused Products Industry: Featuring Ilan Weiss, Principal at MNfuse LLC
- How Dispensaries, Manufacturers, and Cultivators Can Build Brand Loyalty Through Marketing and Design: Featuring Lisa Jordan, Director of Marketing at Canna Advisors
- Cannabis Product Risk Management: With Ian Stewart, Chair of Wilson Elser’s National Cannabis Law Practice Team, Eduardo Provencio, General Counsel at Mary’s Brands, and Ryan Sullivan, Corporate Counsel at BIC Corporation
- Implementing an Intellectual Property Business Model for Multi-State Expansion: With Marc Graboyes, Co-founder and CEO of Next Frontier Biosciences, and Afzal Hasan, EVP of Corporate Development and General Counsel for CannaRoyalty
- Getting Ahead of the Rapidly Evolving U.S. Hemp and CBD Markets: Featuring Genny Kiley, Attorney at Emerge Law Group, and Rod Kight, Attorney at Kight Law Office
- Ins and Outs of Cryptocurrencies and Smart Contracts in the Cannabis Industry: With Ellen Moy, Attorney at Greenbridge Corporate Counsel, and Marco Materazzi, Shareholder at Emerge Law Group
As you can see from this small sample of the many sessions that will be offered at the Cannabis Business Summit & Expo, you’ll have a chance to learn about everything from investors, hiring, banking, and insurance to intellectual property, marketing, food science, hemp, and cryptocurrency. It’s a diverse agenda of educational programming.
Susan Gunelius, Lead Analyst for Cannabiz Media and author of Marijuana Licensing Reference Guide: 2017 Edition, is also President & CEO of KeySplash Creative, Inc., a marketing communications company offering, copywriting, content marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, and strategic branding services. She spent the first half of her 25-year career directing marketing programs for AT&T and HSBC. Today, her clients include household brands like Citigroup, Cox Communications, Intuit, and more as well as small businesses around the world. Susan has written 11 marketing-related books, including the highly popular Content Marketing for Dummies, 30-Minute Social Media Marketing, Kick-ass Copywriting in 10 Easy Steps, The Ultimate Guide to Email Marketing, and she is a popular marketing and branding keynote speaker. She is also a Certified Career Coach and Founder and Editor in Chief of Women on Business, an award-winning blog for business women. Susan holds a B.S. in marketing and an M.B.A in management and strategy.