From September 27-28, 2019, the best and brightest in the cannabis industry will come together at CannaCon South to educate people who want to get involved in the legal cannabis industry in Oklahoma and across the southern region of the United States. The Cannabiz Media team will be there at exhibitor booth #714. If you’re at the conference, be sure to stop by to see a live demo of the Cannabiz Media License Database in action!
In total, more than 200 companies from around the world will exhibit at CannaCon South’s immersive expo where attendees can get access to the latest products, services, and technologies. In addition, networking opportunities and educational seminars will bring cannabis businesses, entrepreneurs, investors, and community partners together to learn and build relationships that help move the industry forward.
CannaCon South Educational Seminars
During the two-day event, industry professionals will share their expertise in nearly two dozen educational sessions across six topic categories: cultivation, processing and infused products, operations management, retail, and business, legal and finance. Currently scheduled seminars include:
- Crop Optimization and High Tech Irrigation by Doug Jacobs, Technical Advisor at Grodan
- Lumens are for Humans: Understanding Artificial Lighting and Its Terminology for Gardening by Kevin Frender, Chief Science Officer and Chief Technology Officer at Black Dog LED
- Integrated Technologies: Ready for Primetime by Ash Ganley, CTO and Executive Director at NOBO, Inc.
- Five Factors to Successful Cultivation Facility Design and Construction by Mike McGrew, Director of Sales at urban-gro, Inc.
- Psychrometrics from Seed to Harvest by Kyle Bowling, P.E., Director of Product Development at ZeroCool Systems
- Consuming Cannabis Based on Terpenes by Ben Cassiday, Co-founder of True Terpenes
- Scientifically Driven Solutions to Maximize Plant Yield and Quality by Colin Bell, PhD, Co-founder and Chief Growth Officer at Mammoth Microbes
- Soil Health: Hemp by Noel Garcia, Chief Operating Officer at TPS Lab
Processing and Infused Products Seminars
- Solvent Extraction and the Entourage Effect by Chet Tucker, Executive Director at Arcadia Brands
- Infused Cooking Demo by Chef Shaun O’Neal, Season 7 winner of Fox’s hit show Masterchef
Operations Management Seminars
- Creating a Well-Controlled Environment with the Right HVAC Systems for You by Paul Van Lare, Project Engineer at Trane
- Introduction to Cannabis Testing by Simon Bergeron, COO of Specialty Testing Solutions
- Cannabusiness Technology: Compliance and Scaling Your Business by John Tyfus, Onboarding Consultant for MJ Freeway
- Why Does Testing Take So Long: The Ins and Outs of Analytical Testing by Ian Cameron, Lab Director and Lead Chemist at Scissortail Laboratory, LLC
- The Importance of Paraphernalia Sales and Training Your Budtenders to Increase Average Transaction by Brett Harris, President of LuvBuds, LLC
- Advantages of a Security K-9 by Irene Howcroft, Owner of Ruidoso Malinois
Business, Legal and Finance Seminars
- So You Wanna Get into the Cannabis Industry by Blake Johnson, Attorney at Crow & Dunlevy
- Unity and Beyond: Staying Compliant in a Sea of Change by Sarah Lee Gossett Parrish, President and CEO of Sarah Lee Gossett Parrish PLLC
- How to Operate a Compliant and Profitable Schedule One Business in Oklahoma by Logan Jones, Attorney at JonesBrown, PLLC
- Getting Banked: How to Get a Bank Account for Your Cannabis Business and Keep It by Daniel Roda, CEO at Abaca
- Into the Weeds: A Deep Dive into Cannabis Case Law by Ryan Milam, IRS Enrolled Agent and Certified Tax Strategist at Polston Tax Resolution and Accounting
- Human Resources and the Cannabis Industry by Edana Koehler, Co-founder of Growing U, LLC
- How to Choose Software to Grow Your Canna-Business by Sean Glynn, President and COO of CUE Cannabis
Will the Cannabiz Media Team See You at CannaCon South?
The Cannabiz Media team will be at Booth #714 during the CannaCon South conference, so stop by and say hi!
The team will have the Cannabiz Media License Database up and running so you can see the only CRM and verified source of leads for the cannabis industry in action and learn how you can use it to connect with more than 48,000 licensed cannabis and 14,000 licensed hemp operations across the United States and 16 international markets, including Canada.
If you’d like to schedule a time to meet with a Cannabiz Media team member or pre-schedule a demo during CannaCon South, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t worry if you’re not going to CannaCon South! You can schedule a demo of the Cannabiz Media License Database online at any time.
Susan Gunelius, Lead Analyst for Cannabiz Media and author of Marijuana Licensing Reference Guide: 2017 Edition, is also President & CEO of KeySplash Creative, Inc., a marketing communications company offering, copywriting, content marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, and strategic branding services. She spent the first half of her 25-year career directing marketing programs for AT&T and HSBC. Today, her clients include household brands like Citigroup, Cox Communications, Intuit, and more as well as small businesses around the world. She has been working with clients in the cannabis industry since 2015. Susan has written 11 marketing-related books, including the highly popular Content Marketing for Dummies, 30-Minute Social Media Marketing, Kick-ass Copywriting in 10 Easy Steps, The Ultimate Guide to Email Marketing, and she is a popular marketing and branding keynote speaker. She is also a Certified Career Coach and Founder and Editor in Chief of Women on Business, an award-winning blog for business women. Susan holds a B.S. in marketing and an M.B.A in management and strategy.