One of the things the Cannabiz Media team is looking forward to at the upcoming National Cannabis Industry Association’s 5th Annual Cannabis Business Summit & Expo (aside from seeing you when you visit the Cannabiz Media team at Booth #127 of course) is the educational schedule, which is jam-packed with opportunities to hear from women in the cannabis industry. As the industry continues to grow and change, the number of female cannabis executives continues to grow as well. In fact, reports say there are more female executives and entrepreneurs in the cannabis industry than in any other industry.
Women in the cannabis industry are involved in agriculture, food, design, law, finance, medicine, marketing, sales, innovation, science, and more. They’re playing critical, active roles in laying the groundwork for quality products, tech breakthroughs, and fair legislation for the entire industry.
Of the 100 speakers scheduled to participate in sessions at the Cannabis Business Summit & Expo from July 25-27 in San Jose, California, 47 of them are women. Take a look at other business-related conferences happening across the country, and I guarantee you, it will be difficult to find other industry events where 47% of the speakers are women. It’s refreshing, exciting, and one more example of what makes the cannabis industry so amazing!
Women to Meet at the Cannabis Business Summit & Expo
Among the 47 women who will be speaking at the upcoming conference are leaders in data science, human resources, insurance, public relations, legislation, real estate, and more. Some of the women scheduled to speak include:
- Giadha Aguirre de Carcer, Founder and CEO of New Frontier Data, who will present a full day workshop: Global Cannabis Economy Bootcamp – How to Propel Your Cannabusiness in the Year of the International Cannabis Economy and Beyond
- Andrea Unsworth, Owner of Tulip & Oak Consulting who will participate on a panel: State of the Cannabis Real Estate Markets – California to Colorado
- Karson Humiston, Founder & CEO of Vangst Talent who will lead a workshop: Recruiting and Retaining the Best Talent for the Cannabis Industry
- Heidi Quan, Attorney at Law for Murchison & Cumming LLP who will participate on a panel: Stuck in the Weeds – How to Obtain Insurance Coverage for Your Liabilities
- Jeanine Moss, CEO of AnnaBis Style who will participate in a panel: Keep Calm and Spin It – How to Protect Your Business and Your Reputation Through a Crisis
- Allison Margolin, Founding Partner of Margolin & Lawrenche who will participate on a panel: A Look Back at the Green Rush – The First Six Months of Adult-Use Cannabis in California
- Jasmine L. Tyler, Advocacy Director, US Programs at Human Rights Watch who will participate in a panel: The State of the Industry – Overview of U.S. Cannabis Policy and Next Steps
- Amy Larson, VP Marketing at COHNNABIS who will participate on a panel: Keep Calm and Spin It – How to Protect Your Business and Your Reputation Through a Crisis
- Lara DeCaro, Founder and Board Member at National Cannabis Bar Assoication who will participate in a panel: A Look Back at the Green Rush – The First Six Months of Adult-Use Cannabis in California
- Simone Cimiluca-Radzins, Founder and CEO of Kalogia who will participate in a panel: Weighing Data-driven Production to Scale Manufacturing – Lessons Learned to Achieve Balance
You can learn more about each of these women in NCIA’s recent blog post, 10 Women to Meet at #CannaBizSummit.
Visit the Cannabiz Media Booth at the Cannabis Business Summit & Expo
There’s still time to register for the Cannabis Business Summit & Expo, so you can hear these trailblazers speak and so much more. Early bird pricing saves you $200 off the registration fee, but it ends on June 25th. You can also use the special Cannabiz Media code – CANNABIZ15 – to get 15% off your registration fee! Register here.
Cannabiz Media will be exhibiting at the Cannabis Business Summit & Expo. Visit the team at Booth #127 and see the new features and functionality offered to subscribers of the Cannabiz Media License Database like enhanced data, tabs, tags, and favorites!
Susan Gunelius, Lead Analyst for Cannabiz Media and author of Marijuana Licensing Reference Guide: 2017 Edition, is also President & CEO of KeySplash Creative, Inc., a marketing communications company offering, copywriting, content marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, and strategic branding services. She spent the first half of her 25-year career directing marketing programs for AT&T and HSBC. Today, her clients include household brands like Citigroup, Cox Communications, Intuit, and more as well as small businesses around the world. She has been working with clients in the cannabis industry since 2015. Susan has written 11 marketing-related books, including the highly popular Content Marketing for Dummies, 30-Minute Social Media Marketing, Kick-ass Copywriting in 10 Easy Steps, The Ultimate Guide to Email Marketing, and she is a popular marketing and branding keynote speaker. She is also a Certified Career Coach and Founder and Editor in Chief of Women on Business, an award-winning blog for business women. Susan holds a B.S. in marketing and an M.B.A in management and strategy.