Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Register an account. In order to use certain features of our Services, you may be required to register an account. When you create an account with us, we collect your identifiers, such as your name and email address. We may also collect your professional or employment information like the name of the company you represent, job title, department, and your contact information at the company. We collect this information so that we may create and manage your online user account and contact you if needed. We also collect this information so that we may populate the Services.
- Claim A License. If you are the owner of a state issued Cannabis or Hemp license, you have the option to claim your license listing within the Services and unlock access to the license listings in your State or region. This allows you to verify your license information including your state license ID, address, email, and phone number. In addition, you can add/update contacts for your license including name, title, address, email, and phone number. We use this License Information to improve the size and quality of our database. In exchange for opting in to the Services and providing us with information, you receive a subscription to the Services at no charge under specified terms and conditions (available at https://cannabiz.media/subscription-agreement/). Any Contact added to the Services may request to be removed at any time, via email or web form. We promptly honor such requests.
- Register for a demo or a webinar. When you register for a demo or a webinar to learn more about our Services, we collect your identifiers, such as your name, email, and phone number. We will also collect your professional or employment information like the name of the company you represent, your job title, department, and your contact information. We collect this information so that we can contact you and keep an internal record of attendees and those interested in our Services.
- Participate in a survey. When you participate in one of our surveys, we collect your identifiers such as your name, email address, and account name. We also process your commercial information such as your past subscriptions to our Services and inferences about these categories of information, so that we can facilitate our survey and send you surveys that are most appropriate.
- Contact Us. When you contact us by phone or email, we collect your identifiers, such as your name, phone number, and email address, and any other information you would like to share with us. If available, we also collect your internet activity information, like your IP address We collect this information so that we can communicate with you concerning your questions and comments, troubleshoot where necessary, diagnose technical and service problems, and address any issues you have with our Site or Services and provide personalized customer service support.
- When we contact you. When we contact you, we collect your identifiers such as your name and email address. We collect your professional or employment information like the name of the company you represent, job title, department, and contact information. We also may collect your Cannabis or Hemp state license identification number and other information related to your license, like whether your status is active. We collect this information so that we can build our Services.
- Apply for employment. When you apply for employment, we collect your identifiers, such as your name, email, and home address. We collect your professional and employment information, such as your prior employment. We also collect your education information, like the schools you attended, and any other information you decide to share with us. We collect this information so that we may communicate with you and assess your qualifications for the position for which you applied.
- Sign up to receive blog posts. When you sign up to receive our blog posts, we collect identifiers such as your name and email address. We collect this information so that we can share our blogs with you.
- Purchase a subscription to our Services. If you purchase a subscription-based service, we collect your identifiers such as your name and billing address. We also collect your financial information to facilitate your payment. Payment information, such as credit or debit card numbers, cardholder’s name, card expiration date and security code), is processed by Stripe and Quickbooks and not maintained on our Site. You may wish to review Stripe and Quickbook’s privacy policies and contact them if you have any questions about their privacy practices. More information can be found at: https://stripe.com/privacy and https://www.intuit.com/privacy/.
- When we market to you. When we send you marketing communications, we process your identifiers such as your name and email address so that we may send you relevant information and keep you informed of products and services in which you might be interested.
- When you provide a testimonial. When you provide a testimonial, we may post customer testimonials on our Site, which may contain the customer’s name. We always get consent from the customer prior to posting any testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at privacy@Cannabiz.Media.
- To Maintain and improve our business, Site, and Services. To maintain and improve our overall business, to understand our customer base, track user movements on our Site enhance the services we provide and administer our Site and improve Site usability we may process your identifiers such as your name and contact information. We may also process your commercial information such as your subscription history, and internet activity information, like your IP address, or we may aggregate your personal information.
- With Your consent. We will notify you and request consent to use your personal information for any purpose materially different from the purposes disclosed herein
Information we collect automatically through your use of our Services
- When you visit our Site or interact with the Services, we automatically process your identifiers such as your IP address, your location, and your internet activity information like your usage data and browsing actions. We may also process the type of device, operating system, and technical data about your equipment.
- Log data. Our servers automatically record certain information sent by your browser, such as your web page or resource request, your IP address, your referring/exit URLs, your browser type and operating system, and the date and time of your request.
We collect this information using cookies and similar tools to enable the functionality of our Site and Services, to assess and improve our Site and Services. For more information on cookies, see the section below titled “What Cookies We Use And Why”.
- Social media widgets. Our Site and Services include social media features, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter widgets. These features may collect identifiers about you such as your IP address and your internet activity information such as which pages you visit on our Site. Your interactions with those features and their use of the information collected are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
For more information on your choices with respect to information collected through cookies and similar technologies, see Your Choice With Respect To Your Personal Information below.
Information Provided by Third Parties
- We collect your identifiers like your name and contact information from non-profit organizations and other third party companies. We also collect information about your state Cannabis or Hemp license like your state identification number, whether your status is active, the name of company you represent, and company address. We collect this information so that we can update our Services.
- When you post comment on Social media, for example responding to our blog, we see your comments and identifiers such as your social media handle.
What Cookies We Use and Why
- Required: These cookies are required for making use of the Services. These cookies include security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use, and protect user data from unauthorized parties as well as session cookies that remember your log-in session so you can move easily within the Services.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Other trackers. Our Site contains electronic images known as “web beacons” (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt out of our sharing of this information, you can contact us at the contact information below.
How To Opt Out Of Cookies
How we Share your Personal Information
- Disclosure on our Services. We may make your identifiers (name, email, and user ID), professional or employment information (your company name, job title, department, and company contact information), and information about your state Cannabis or Hemp license, that our users contribute, information we collect from public web, or that we license from third parties, available on our Services and thus available to users of the Site, and to our customers.
- Service Providers. We share your identifiers (name, email, and user ID), commercial information (your subscription history), and internet activity information (such as your log data, location information, online identifier, IP address, and information regarding your interaction with our Site) with service providers that provide support services to us, such as marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, payment processors, and providers that assist us in carrying out surveys. When you make a payment through our payment portal on our Site, it is facilitated through our service provider Stripe.
- Cookies. We collect information about your Internet activity through cookies and similar tools to enable the functionality of our Site and Services and to assess and improve our Site and Services. For more information on cookies, see the section below titled What Cookies We Use And Why.
- User Access to Company Subscriber Information. You may be a user that has been provided access to the Site through your company subscription agreement. Your employer may require that one or more users have global rights to access any and all information of every user that has access through the company. If you have questions or concerns regarding the rights of other individuals in your company to access your user information, uploaded information, or usage logs, you should raise those concerns with the appropriate person at your company.
- To prevent harm. To prevent harm, we will share your identifiers (name, email, address, phone number, and user ID), internet activity information (your log data, location information, online identifier, IP address, and information regarding your interaction with our Site), and commercial information (your subscription history), if necessary, to law enforcement personnel and agencies, to meet national security requirements, to protect our property, in furtherance of an investigation regarding a breach of the Site rules and policies, unauthorized access to or use of the Site or any other illegal activities.
- Respond to legal requests. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to process your identifiers (name and user ID), commercial information (your subscription history), and your internet activity information (your log data, location information, online identifier, IP address, and information regarding your interaction with our Site).
How We Store And Protect Your Personal Information
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is stored securely, both in electronic and physical form, and otherwise protect it from misuse, interference and loss caused by unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The security of your information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Our employees and agents are obliged to treat any personal information held by us confidentially. Please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any security questions, please contact us at the Contact Information below.
Your Choice With Respect To Your Personal Information
- Marketing. Cannabiz enables you to opt out of marketing communication. You may unsubscribe by emailing us or by clicking the Unsubscribe button toward the bottom of each marketing communication.
- Other communications. If you do not wish to be contacted by email, phone, or physical mail, you may request to “opt-out” of all communications from the Services. This does not delete your information, but will prevent our customers from contacting you directly, as well as set a notice for customers not to contact you. This will make sure your information is not re-added into the system. Please note that this will not opt you out of purely transactional emails and may be triggered by your interactions with our Site.
- Cookies. You can use your browser to view this Site to enable, disable, or delete Cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Each web browser is different. For information on reviewing or deleting cookies from specific browsers, click on the appropriate browser: Firefox, Firefox IOS, Firefox Android, Safari, Safari Mobile, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera.
Your California Rights
As of January 1, 2020, California residents also have the rights set forth below.
- You have the right to know what personal information we collect, use and disclose, subject to certain exceptions (“Right to Know”). This right is limited to seeking information about the preceding 12 months and such a request may only be made twice in a 12-month period.
- You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions (“Right to Delete”).
- You have the right to opt-out of Cannabiz selling your personal information, subject to certain exceptions (“Right to Opt-Out”). In the preceding 12 months, Cannabiz has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a commercial purpose with the following categories of third parties:
- We have disclosed your identifiers to our clients as part of their subscription to our Services.
- We have disclosed your identifiers and financial information, including your payment information, to our payment processor for the provision of our Services.
If you are a California resident and want to submit a request to know your personal information, a request to delete your personal information, or a request to opt out of our sharing your personal information, please go to https://cannabiz.media/privacy-center/. Please be advised that these rights are not absolute and are subject to some exceptions. In our response to you, should an exception exist, we will communicate which exception applies.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights, nor will we deny you services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of services.
Do Not Track Disclosure
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. For more information about DNT, visit donottrack.us.
This Site and our Services are not intended for individuals under the age of sixteen (16) years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect or share information from children.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, you can contact us at:
CNB Media LLC
153 Boston Post Rd #450
East Lyme, CT 06333
Last Updated: March 9, 2020