Cannabiz Media will be exhibiting at the upcoming California Cannabis Business Conference at the Anaheim Hilton in Anaheim, California. Sponsored by the National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA), the event will be held on October 22 and 23 and will focus entirely on the California cannabis market. Cannabiz Media is an NCIA industry partner, and you can visit the Cannabiz Media team during the conference at Booth #319 on the expo floor.
The California Cannabis Business Conference is the only conference and trade show that focuses specifically on preparing California cannabusiness owners for success in the world’s largest adult-use market. More than 3,000 people are expected to attend the conference later this month, including cannabis industry leaders, entrepreneurs, policymakers, and industry newcomers.
During the two-day conference, more than 100 speakers will share their expertise in six educational tracks:
- Distribution, Retail, and Delivery
- Cultivation and Manufacturing
- Local Licensing
- Industry and Political Forecasting
- The Future is Now – This track also covers topics related to compliance, intellectual property, and security.
- Emerging Topics – In this track, speakers will also discuss financing cannabis businesses and improving diversity within the industry.
What You’ll Learn at the California Cannabis Business Conference
Keynote speakers for the first day of the event are California Congressmen Lou Correa of the 46th Congressional District of California and Dana Rohrabacher of the 48th Congressional District of California. They’ll lead a session called “So Goes California, So Goes the Nation: A Federal Perspective.”
On the event’s second day, singer and activist Melissa Etheridge and cannabis pioneer Steve DeAngelo will keynote a session called “The Cultural Shift: The Mainstreaming of Cannabis Through Arts and Entertainment.”
After the keynotes, attendees can choose an educational track to follow each day or a mixture of sessions from multiple tracks. Here are the session titles to give you an idea of what you’ll learn at the conference:
Distribution, Retail, and Delivery Track
- State of Cannabis Distribution: Scaling Cannabis Distribution and Expectations of a Distributor
- Tax Collection: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Craft Cannabis
Cultivation and Manufacturing Track
- New Manufacturing Technology: Packaging and Best Practices
- Intersection of Testing and Manufacturing
- Going Green: Create and Optimize Environmentally Sustainable Cultivation and Operating Practices
Emerging Topics Track
- Performance and Profitability: Finance for Your CannaBusiness
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
- Professional Services for the Industry: Insurance Considerations for the Business of Cannabis
Local Licensing Track
- The Evolving Licensing Rules for Delivery Services
- Onsite Consumption, Cannabis Events, Cannabis Tourism
- Local Authorization: How to Work with Your Municipalities
Industry and Political Forecasting Track
- Banking Cannabis: What’s Really Happening?
- MAUCRSA: Final Regulations
- Policy Enforcement
The Future is Now Track
- Protect Your Brand: How to Leverage Branding Strategies and Intellectual Property
- A New Era of Compliance: LPA and Prop 65
- Data and Security: What You Need to Know
See the Cannabiz Media Licensing Database in Action at the Event
The expo floor will be open during both days of the conference, so be sure to stop by and visit the Cannabiz Media team at Booth #319. The team will be available to introduce you to the Cannabiz Media License Database, answer questions, and give demos to show you how to use the database for data intelligence, customer relationship management (CRM), email marketing, and more.
There is still time to register for the California Cannabis Business Conference, and if you use code CANNABIZ15, you’ll save 15% off the registration fee. You can register here. The Cannabiz Media team hopes to see you there!
Susan Gunelius, Lead Analyst for Cannabiz Media and author of Marijuana Licensing Reference Guide: 2017 Edition, is also President & CEO of KeySplash Creative, Inc., a marketing communications company offering, copywriting, content marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, and strategic branding services. She spent the first half of her 25-year career directing marketing programs for AT&T and HSBC. Today, her clients include household brands like Citigroup, Cox Communications, Intuit, and more as well as small businesses around the world. Susan has written 11 marketing-related books, including the highly popular Content Marketing for Dummies, 30-Minute Social Media Marketing, Kick-ass Copywriting in 10 Easy Steps, The Ultimate Guide to Email Marketing, and she is a popular marketing and branding keynote speaker. She is also a Certified Career Coach and Founder and Editor in Chief of Women on Business, an award-winning blog for business women. Susan holds a B.S. in marketing and an M.B.A in management and strategy.