On March 28-29, 2017, Cannabiz Media will be in San Jose, California as a media partner for IMN & MedMen’s The Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (IC3). The goal of the conference is to arm institutional and accredited investors with everything they need to know about this new alternative asset class for portfolio diversification. It’s already being called the most important institutional investor event for the growing marijuana industry.
As Californian’s voted to legalize recreational marijuana in November 2016 and since California represents the sixth largest economy in the world, it seems appropriate that the event will be held in the heart of Silicon Valley. The legal marijuana business is expected to be the fastest growing industry in America with annual sales forecasted to surpass $80 billion within the next 10 years. The industry has experienced a double digit growth rate since 2015, and as more states legalize medical and recreational marijuana, this growth is expected to continue. It’s not surprising that so many investors are looking for ways to get in.
Speakers at the two-day event include key players in the marijuana and investing industries as well as experts in relevant legal, compliance, and insurance issues. Sessions will cover a broad array of topics that will enable investors to evaluate legal marijuana investment returns compared to alternative investments. Session topics include:
- State of the Industry
- How Consumers are Driving the Industry Forward
- Investment Opportunities: Private Capital Investment in the Cannabis Sector
- Investment Opportunities: Public Markets Investment in the Cannabis Sector
- Why Family Offices: The Unique Opportunity
- How to Invest: The Outsized Risk Adjusted Returns in Real Estate
- The Owner/Operator Perspective on Capital Raising
- Deeper Dive into the Public Markets and an Insider’s Look at the Fastest Growing Tech Startups
- Navigating the Regulatory, Compliance and Tax Landscape
- Impact Investing: How Commercial Opportunities Help Drive Social Justice in the Cannabis Space
- Touching the Plant vs. Ancillary
- Why California?
- Crystal Balling the Future of Cannabis
The conference will also include a number of networking opportunities. Cannabiz Media is excited to sponsor this event and work with MedMen, an industry leading cannabis management services company and investment firm, and IMN, a premier finance and investment conference organizer. As the Marijuana Licensing Reference Guide: 2017 Edition reveals, the marijuana industry is very attractive to investors, but there are factors at work that need to be considered closely before making any investment. This conference will surely shed more light on the subject.
Stay tuned to the Cannabiz Media blog for follow up posts where we’ll share details about what the experts shared at the conference!